IN THE TRIAL CHAMBER
Judge Richard May, Presiding
Judge Mohamed Bennouna
Judge Patrick Robinson
Mrs. Dorothee de Sampayo Garrido-Nijgh
23 February 2000
SHEDULING ORDER FOR DEFENCE CASE
The Office of the Prosecutor
Mr. Geoffrey Nice
Ms. Susan Somers
Mr. Patrick Lopez-Terres
Mr. Kenneth Scott
Counsel for the Accused
Mr. Mitko Naumovski, Mr. Leo Andreis, Mr. David F. Geneson, Mr.
Turner T. Smith, Jr., Mr. Stephen Sayers and Ms. Ksenija Turkovic, for Dario
Mr. Bozidar Kovacic and Mr. Goran Mikulicic, for Mario Cerkez
THIS TRIAL CHAMBER of the International Tribunal for the Prosecution of Persons Responsible for Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law Committed in the Territory of the Former Yugoslavia since 1991 ("the International Tribunal"),
CONSIDERING the Pre-Defence Conference which took place on 16 February 2000 pursuant to Rule 73 ter of the Rules of Procedure and Evidence of the International Tribunal ("the Rules").
HAVING HEARD the parties with regard to matters arising from Rule 73 ter at the pre-Defence Conference,
PURSUANT TO Rules 73 ter, 84, 85 and 98 bis of the Rules,
HEREBY ORDERS as follows:
1. With respect to any motion pursuant to Rule 98 bis:
2. The Defence for the accused Dario Kordic shall:
3. The Defence for the accused Mario Cerkez shall:
4. The opening statements of the Defence pursuant to Rule 84, if any, shall be given in the following order: the Defence for the accused Dario Kordi, followed the Defence for the accused Mario Cerkez. Both opening statements shall be made prior to the leading of evidence pursuant to Rule 85 by the Defence for either accused;
5. With respect to the conduct of the Defence cases, and after presentation of both opening statements, the Defence for the accused Dario Kordi shall call evidence first, followed by the Defence for the accused Mario Cerkez;
6. During the course of the case presented by the Defence for the accused Dario Kordic, the order of cross-examination shall be as follows: the Defence for the accused Mario Cerkez, followed by the Prosecution;
7. During the course of the case presented by the Defence for the accused Mario Cerkez, the order of cross-examination shall be as follows: the Defence for the accused Dario Kordic, followed by the Prosecution;
9. The Trial Chamber may vary any of the above orders.
Done in English and French, the English text being authoritative.
Dated this twenty-third day of February 2000
At The Hague
The Netherlands SSeal of the TribunalC